Online credit card transactions are convenient for the registrant and the event planner and event planners are guaranteed to receive the money when a transaction is approved. Plus, payment reports are automatically updated in the registration system, funds are directly deposited into your bank account and receipts are automatically generated and emailed to the registrants.
To process online credit card transactions for your events, you need:
- An Online Merchant Account – this is also called an e-commerce merchant account and is different than merchant accounts used for face to face, phone or mail transactions.
- A Gateway Account – ePly will integrate your online form with your gateway account. Your gateway is the connection to the various financial institutions involved in processing a transaction.When you open an online merchant account, your account provider may also set you up with a gateway account or leave it up to you to choose one.ePly is a PCI (payment card industry) compliant registration system and has integrated with the following gateways: Payscape, Beanstream/Bambora, Stripe, Moneris eSelect, Authorize.net, PayFlowPro (PayPal), PSIGate, FistData, BluePay, IATS, Network Merchants, EXact and Paymentech US. If your gateway is not in the list, please contact us and we will tell you if we can integrate with your gateway.
Payscape – Our Preferred Payment Partner
Payscape offers low-cost, fully-integrated solutions that make it seamless and easy for you to process credit and debit card payments for your events. Their all-inclusive solution includes the following:
- Ability to accept all major credit and debit cards
- Personalized and stress-free setup
- Friendly, North American-based customer service around the clock
- Easy-to-use Gateway and Virtual Terminal
- Robust online access to account statements and reports
- Quick deposits to your account
Contact us for more information to get up-and-running with a Payscape account!
Process For Approving A Credit Card Transaction
The automated process of approving or declining a credit card transaction is approximately 3-5 seconds long. It happens like this:
- The registration form is filled out and the event registrant clicks “submit”.
- The credit card data is securely sent to the payment gateway.
- The payment gateway passes the transaction details to the merchant account holder’s bank’s processor.
- The transaction details are then submitted to the Credit Card Network (CCN), a network of financial institutions that manage the processing, clearing and settlement of credit card transactions.
- The CCN sends the transaction details to the event registrant’s credit card issuer (bank).
- The event registrant’s bank approves or declines the transaction and sends the details back to the CCN.
- The CCN sends the details back to the merchant account holder’s bank’s processor.
- The merchant account holder’s bank’s processor sends the details back to the gateway.
- The gateway saves the results and sends them back to ePly.
- The ePly system displays the approved or declined message to the registrant, generates and emails a receipt and saves the results in the event database (ePly does not save the credit card details).
- The event registrant’s bank sends the funds to the CCN which passes them to the merchant account holder’s bank.
- The merchant account holder receives the funds in their bank account 1 – 2 business days after the transaction takes place.